5 Best Children Bike Helmets
When choosing a helmet for little ones, there are a lot of options for you to choose from and there are factors to consider to choose the best. A point of advice is that you should replace a kid's helmet in the event of a crash.
Children bike helmets are safety gear you can't afford to ignore. As a parent, you know well that protection for children is paramount as they ride their bikes. For them, it's fun moving around with their bikes but they don't know they can injure themselves in the process. It's for this reason that it's important for children to wear helmets whenever they are riding bikes to keep them safe.
|Best Option #1||Giro Scamp MIPS Youth Recreational Cycling Helmet||View on Amazon|
|Best Option #2||Joovy Noodle Multi-Sport Helmet S-M, Kids Adjustable Bike Helmet||View on Amazon|
|Best Option #3||Giro Tremor MIPS Unisex Youth Cycling Helmet||View on Amazon|
|Best Option #4||LAZER Lil Gekko MIPS Kids Bike Helmet||View on Amazon|
|Best Option #5||Hornit Mini Lids Kids Helmet. Fully-Adjustable Multi-Sport Hard Shell Helmet||View on Amazon|
There are important factors to consider when buying a children bike helmet so that you pick the right one. While there are many brands to choose from, here are the best 5 you can rely on.
 Giro Scamp
The Roc Loc Jr. fit system with pinch-guard buckle provides an easy way to fit your kid's helmet quickly and securely. It also has the inclusion of the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, which can redirect energy and provide more protection in certain impacts.
- High Build Quality: The construction of the helmet is strong enough to give it the much-needed durability. The outer shell remains intact as it doesn't warp or crack easily.
- Comfortable Design: It has a comfortable design that's friendly to kids. The soft pads make it a great choice for children who love riding. You don't have to worry about the head of your child as the design helps to make it cool enough.
- Quality Adjust System: The system comes in handy to ensure that the helmet fits perfectly well on a child's head.
- The MIPS Technology: This is a technology that makes Giro Scamp one of the best children bike helmets. It helps to improve the safety of children when riding their bikes.
Why The Giro Scamp is a Great Helmet?
If you're looking for an all-round bike helmet for children, this is one you can trust. It has what it takes to give you the best service.
 Joovy Noodle
As one of the best children bike helmets, the size and coverage offered is a plus. There are both small and medium size helmets for kids. There is also extended coverage to ensure that the level of safety is high.
- Adjustability: The ability to adjust the helmet to fit well is a consideration for this brand. It is easy to adjust it for a comfortable fit on the head.
- Straps and Buckle: The straps and buckle for this children bike helmet are well designed to ensure a perfect fit on your child's head.
- Quality Pads: The pads have quality fabric that helps to wick sweat away for the comfort of young riders.
Why The Joovy Noodle is a Great Helmet?
It is a great choice of a kid's bike helmet for its affordability. If you want an affordable product with great qualities, you can settle for this one.
 Giro Tremor
The helmet has a rotating knob in the back to adjust around the head and the chin strap is fully adjustable.
- Size: The bike helmet comes in two sizes. There's one for youths and children. You can choose the one that fits your child best.
- Quality Coverage: There's quality coverage to ensure that your child remains safe in the unfortunate event of a crash.
- Internal Adjustment System: The children bike helmet has a superior adjustment system that gives your child the perfect fit when wearing.
- Pads: The make of the pads help to prevent sweat from flowing to the face of your kid.
- Straps and Buckle: The straps and buckle of this helmet help to make it firm for your child, thus making it more secure.
- Construction: The construction of the helmet makes it easier to wear. It is lightweight thus not cumbersome for children.
- Removable Visor: This offers extra protection to the face and eyes.
- Ventilation: There is adequate airflow for riders.
Why The Giro Tremor is a Great Helmet?
This is a children bike helmet best suited for older kids. It has the features to give them the best experience when riding.
 Lazer Gekko
This helmet offers excellent durability along with the unique Lazer autofit system allowing the helmet to auto adjust and fit child’s head.
- Size and Coverage: There are two sizes for toddlers and older kids. The head circumference for toddlers is 46-50cm while that of older kids is 50-56cm. The rear and side coverage are adequate for provide extra protection for users.
- Adjustability: The helmet has quality adjustability capacity, through its internal cage, to adjust according to your child's head size.
- The Buckle and Strap: The buckle and strap have the design to make the helmet firm and safer.
- Optional MIPS Technology: The technology is useful for extra protection to users.
- Ventilation: It helps to make the head cool for users and add comfort to their riding experience.
Why The Lazer Gekko is a Great Helmet?
The one thing that sets this children bike helmet apart is its ease of use and safety standards. Children will find it easy to wear and adjust for a good fit on their heads.
 Hornit Mini Lid
If you're looking for an affordable, yet high quality bike helmet for children, this is one you can consider.
- Size: The helmet comes in two sizes. This gives users an option when choosing. Also, the helmet has a unique design that allows for a good fit. You're assured that your child has a perfectly fitting helmet by choosing this one.
- Adjustability: It is easy to adjust the helmet to the size of a child's head for comfort and safety.
- The Buckle and Strap: There are chin and side straps that hold the helmet effectively when on the head of users.
- Pads: Though the pads are not of the highest quality, they still do a good job in providing a comfortable experience for users.
- Ventilation: The helmet offers some decent ventilation capacity.
Why The Hornit Mini Lid is a Great Helmet?
It has beautiful patterns that make it an attractive choice for kids. This is a perfect fit for children for not only the safety factor, but also its aesthetic value.
Whenever you're choosing a bike helmet for your child, you're likely to get confused especially if they are similar. There are things you should put into consideration to know which bike helmet to pick for your child. This guide will make it easier for you to come up with a good choice.
- Comfort and Size
Comfort and size are factors you can't ignore when buying a bike helmet for your child. The ability of your child to enjoy each riding experience he engages in depends on the level of comfort he gets from the helmet in use. Before you purchase a helmet, make sure you check whether it's comfy enough for your kid.
Also, take note of the size of the helmet you're about to buy. There are different sizes in the market so you should check the size that fits your kid well. Picking the wrong size will be a bad idea because your child won't be comfortable as he rides. Also, you may be risking the safety of your kid by picking the wrong size.
Since we are talking about a product for children, it is necessary to consider how a helmet look. Is it attractive enough for a kid? Children like things that are bright and cool. As you go out to get a bike helmet for your child, make sure that you pick the right one in terms of appearance. Check for one that has patterns and looks bright. If you do this, you won't get disappointed once you take it home with you.
The primary reason why you're getting a helmet for your child is because you want to raise the level of safety. As children ride bikes, they are likely to get involved in crashes. If, in the unfortunate event of an accident, they happen not to be wearing a helmet, they may get serious injuries. So, it's imperative to consider a product with a high level of protection for your child.
Make sure you check the level of protection that a helmet offers before you purchase it. Check for the technology used to design it and see whether it has the capacity to offer quality protection. If you're confident with the ability of the children bike helmet to offer adequate safety, you can go ahead and buy.